We all know what it feels like to have a breakout ruin a big day or moment. It's the absolute worst! During my first long-haul flight, I experienced the worst breakout since my middle school days. I made it my mission to figure out what caused it and I began searching for ways to prevent it from ever happening again. After some research, I learned that the dry air on the plane caused my skin to overproduce oil to compensate for the lack of moisture it was receiving. Every flight since, I've been taking precautions to make sure my skin is well taken care of. I am partnering with Carmex to provide skin care tips for avoiding dry skin and breakouts in the air and on the road:
1. Moisturize Your Skin
Due to the extremely dry air on flights, your skin may react by secreting excess oil to combat dryness. In turn, the oil can clog your pores which can, of course, cause breakouts. Keeping your skin moisturized can prevent that oil build-up.
- Pack your favorite chapstick to avoid dry lips! I'm currently using Carmex Comfort Care Chapstick in Watermelon blast. It does a great job of keeping my lips hydrated during flights with antioxidant fruit seed oil and restoring any damage after flights.
- To find Carmex Comfort Care Watermelon near you, use the Carmex store locator: http://bit.ly/2sYCbxP
- Carry a small tube of face moisturizer on the plane and be sure to apply it as often as needed.
- Bring a moisturizing face mask and spray a hydrating face mist!
- Show up with a clean, make-up free face or bring face wipes to clean your face during the flight.
2. Fly With A Fresh Face
Although we all want to look our best when arrive at our destination, its best to fly with a fresh and clean face. Allowing your skin to breathe will prevent oil and dirt from being trapped under layers of makeup. If you have oily skin, it may be beneficial to bring makeup remover wipes on the flight so that you can cleanse your skin in flight whenever you feel any oil build up. If you want to have on make-up at your destination, just bring the essentials and touch-up where necessary when your flight lands.
3. Stay Hydrated
Bring a water bottle on the flight or purchase a large cup of water before boarding your flight. They provide tiny cups of water on the flight so it's important that you bring your own. Staying hydrated will not only make you feel good internally, but it will also reflect externally. This certainly helps when it comes to keeping your skin clear and moisturized!
To find Carmex Comfort Care Watermelon near you, use the Carmex store locator: http://bit.ly/2sYCbxP
How do you care for your skin while traveling?
PIN ME! ⇣⇣⇣
SHARING IS CARING! IF YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL, SHARING OR PINNING IS ONE OF THE GREATEST WAYS YOU CAN SHOW SUPPORT! THANK YOU!
This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are true and my own.